Hello!!! If in case you are having old USB Pendrive which lying around that you don’t make use of it anymore, there is an opportunity for you to turn it into an operating install disk for Windows, Linux or Mac, or you can turn it into a diagnostic or analytical tool for your computer. In order to make a USB Pendrive bootable, you are likely in a need to tweak and format the USB drive in a manner according to the specific operating system. With this Mr, Bestman will pass you through it but please by the end of today’s lesson you should be able to know how to make your own Pendrive bootable.
2. Go to start menu and open Command Prompt window as an administrator.
3. Type “diskpart”.
4. Now type list disk, after press ENTER on your keyboard. With this, it lists disk command which displays all the disks on the computer. Please take note of the drive number or drive letter of the USB Pendrive.
5. Looking at the command prompt, type select disk <X>, where X is the drive number or drive letter of the USB Pendrive, and then press ENTER.
6. Type clean, and the click ENTER. By applying this command it will delete all the data from the USB Pendrive.
7.In order to create a new primary partition on the USB Pendrive, type “create part pri” and then clickENTER.
8. In order to choose the partition that you have already created, type select part 1, and after pressENTER.
9. To format the partition, type format fs=ntfs quick, and then click ENTER.
Important to Note
If see your server platform supports Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), you should format the USB flash drive as FAT32 rather than as NTFS. To format the partition as FAT32, type format fs=fat32 quick, and then click ENTER.